We believe in being intentional with our time. How we spend our time and who we spend it with is crucial when it comes to making the good stuff happen. This summer, we’re committed to making it the best one yet— savoring all of the moments that often go unnoticed throughout the year, and making time for the things that ignite us with joy and fill our hearts to the brim.
About a month ago, Emily and Brady made a summer bucket list together (to celebrate Mr. Brady’s last summer before kindergarten!) and are crossing them off as they complete the activities. Writing things down helps us to be intentional with our time, and when we’re intentional with our time, we’re intentional with our days, months, and years as a result. Spend your time well! We love the idea of making a summer bucket list that you can hang on the wall so that you’re reminded of the activities daily as you walk past them. Today we’re sharing eight of our favorite summer activities to get you started on your own bucket list. So, get out your markers, write some dates down in your planner, and start planning out your best summer yet!
1) Go to a Baseball Game: Nothing says summer like being outside watching a baseball game, eating ball park food, and enjoying time with people you love.
2) Make Ice Cream: We love Southern Living’s post on 25 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes. Pick one out and indulge in a treat one afternoon this summer!
3) Picnic in the Park: Pack up a picnic basket (we love this one), choose a few of your favorite foods, and enjoy an afternoon in the park. Make sure to check the weather before you head out!
4) Unplug for a Full Day: Spend an entire day unplugged from technology. No TV. No phone. No social media. Enjoy the things that matter!
5) Have a Pool Party: Invite some friends over, eat fruit salad and sandwiches by the pool (little to no prep, so you’re not slaving away in the kitchen!), and enjoy some time with your favorite people outside by the pool.
6) Donate Clothes (or toys!) to Someone in Need: Make it a family event! Giving back to others is one of the very best ways to be intentional with your time.
7) Make a Lemonade Stand: Make some lemonade, find some cute cups, and serve up some lemonade for the neighbors. Your little ones will love decorating their very own stand and making it their own. We love this one from Amazon!
8) Eat Breakfast in Bed: Because who doesn’t love breakfast in bed? Pick a day where you don’t have much going on and RELAX!