Hello! It’s been a while. There has been so much going on – and I’ve been learning so much along the way. I haven’t written much because I’ve been working on a few projects and head first into the book “Linchpin” by Seth Godin. Oh. My.
New favorite book. #1. Ever.
I’ve been reading it slowly so that I can take each word in. Its a book that resonates within my heart like no other book. The basis of the book is understanding that little voice within you that says “… says who…” or “… why do we do it like this …” It is a must read. As traditional as I may be, I’ve always questioned the status quo.
- Who says you have to wear a skirt suit to be a powerful woman?
- Who says productivity is bound to the hours of 8am to 5 pm?
- Who says you should have to go to work every day for the REST of your life doing something that, while wonderful work, may not fire you up – fill the voids within you – give your life a greater purpose.
- Who says greatness is ONLY measured in reports and numbers.
- Who says I’m not allowed to question these things because “that’s how it is” “welcome to life” “everyone feels that way” or “it is what it is.”
OH I am so passionate about this. I promise I will write my own book about it one day. Favorite page from Seth’s book so far ::
“Do you remember the old American Dream?” It struck a chord with millions of people (in the United States and in the rest of the world, too). Here’s how it goes:
Keep your head down.
Show up on time.
Suck it up.
… you will be rewarded. As we’ve seen, that dream is over.
The new American Dream, though, the one that markets around the world are embracing as fast as they can, is this:
Make judgement calls.
Connect people and ideas.
… and we have no choice but to reward you.”