It’s starting to get (just a little bit) cooler here in Florida, and we’re dying to check a few things off of our fall bucket list! There’s just something about the fall season that makes us want to spend time doing things that matter with the people we love. Fall is the calm before the holiday storm, and as the weather starts to cool down and leaves begin to change, it’s so important to slow down and make time for what matters most to us. Whether we’re watching football on the couch, baking our favorite pumpkin treats, or being pulled by a tractor on a haystack, we want to remember to cherish these moments forever. The last thing we want is to look back on this season and wish we had taken more time to make memories with our people. We’ve learned that we need to be intentional about making these things happen. So, we’ve come up with a plan! We made a list of five things we want to do this fall. We hope you’ll be encouraged to do the same, and that you’ll make intentional memories with the people you love. Happy fall, friends!
- Carve a pumpkin. We’re convinced that it’s not really fall until we’ve carved pumpkins— plus, it’s such a fun activity for any age!
- Sip on warm apple cider. There’s just something about sipping on a warm cup of apple cider under a cozy blanket (with a slice of pumpkin bread, of course) that screams fall to us and takes us back to the simple things in life. We want more of that.
- Bake a pie for the neighbors. This cultivates community inside of your home (baking the pie together) and outside of your home (by giving it your neighbors), and we love that. Giving back to those around us is one of the best ways to grow ourselves and teach our children the importance of helping others.
- Roast s’mores in the backyard. The perfect activity for any age. We’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t love roasting s’mores!
- Go on a hayride. Gather some friends, pick up pumpkin spice lattes, and take a ride through the pumpkin patch! You’re never too old (or too young!) for a good hayride.