It seems like every time we turn on the news (or get on social media) lately, another tragic headline flashes across the screen. Miscarriages. Bullying. Terrorism. Suicides. The list goes on and on. It’s times like these that we have to make the decision to cling to our faith, pray for peace, and, without being ignorant to our reality, focus on the positive. It’s true. Evil is happening all around us, but there’s also good happening all around us.
Sometimes we get so caught up in focusing on all that’s wrong that we forget to focus on everything that’s right. We want to be good examples to the next generation, and seeking out the good in this crazy world is one tactical thing we can do to help accomplish that. So this week, we’ve rounded up a list of seven good things that have happened around the world recently. We hope they’ll encourage and inspire you, and maybe even prompt you to do a little bit of good in your own community. We need more of that.
- 93 Year Old Woman Gets Her College Degree, With a Perfect GPA
- Man Who Walks 16 Miles to Work Two Jobs Gets a Free Car
- Parents Meet Their Adoptive Sons for the First Time
- Good Samaritan Helps Shopper to Her Car in a Downpour
- Children’s Hospital Uses ‘Pokemon GO’ to Get Patients Out of Bed
- Dog Diagnosed with Cancer Goes on a Cross Country Road Trip
- Police Help Homeless Teen find Shelter and Community